Our Eco-Friendly Commitment
Our Healthy Touch® system incorporates three components that work hand-in-hand to ensure a clean and healthy home:
HEPA vacuum filtration
A thorough, systematic 22-step cleaning method
Eco-friendly cleaning products
These three components work together to reduce contaminants and allergens, including dander, dust mites, bacteria, pollen, and other substances.
The Importance of Using Eco-Friendly Products
After two years of extensive research into eco-friendly options, The Maids began using green cleaning products in 1995. We choose our products based on their effect on human health, ecological toxicity, and environmental impact. In general, we look for items that are effective at cleaning while still following the EPA’s recommendations for healthy products. These recommendations include products that:
- Biodegrade easily and are not toxic to aquatic life
- Will not deplete the ozone layer
- Do not contain corrosive, irritating, or potentially allergenic substances
- Avoid toxic, carcinogenic or potentially carcinogenic substances
- Use renewable resources, such as bio-based solvents from citrus, seed, vegetable, and pine oils
- Have a Low volatile organic compound (VOC) content
- Are not hazardous to employees (according to OSHA regulations) and are non-flammable
By carefully evaluating our cleaning products, we can be sure that they are safe to be used around pets and children, while still meeting our clients’ expectations. Please contact us if you have specific questions about the products to be used in your home.
The Maids follows a comprehensive set of procedures designed to reduce unnecessary waste, conserve resources, and protect the environment. All cleaning procedures minimize water and paper waste, and emphasize resource conservation. We use reusable microfiber cloths instead of disposable cloths, and we wash and reuse containers rather than disposing of them unnecessarily.
Because of our careful attention to our eco-friendly materials and procedures, you can trust The Maids to provide you with a clean, healthy home while still protecting the environment.
Call (703) 212-0100 or fill out the estimate form on the bottom of this page for a free, no-obligation quote.